Declaration of Religious Mission and Purpose: We the People of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church in joyful response to all that are gracious to God and what he does for us through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, dedicate ourselves in these ways: 1) Be rooted in Christ 2) Be strengthened in Faith 3) Be overflowing with thanks.
History: Trinity Lutheran Church of Burlington, Colorado was organized on February 11, 1923, with seven families attending. Until that time, worship services were held in their homes with visiting pastors from Flagler, Stratton and other near-by places conducting the services. Those opening their homes for these services were the H.D. Klinkers, J. Luekens and Victor Olsens of Burlington and W.J. Sellmans of Kanorado, Kansas.
When the congregation became too large to meet in the homes, services were held in various places in Burlington; Odd Fellow Hall, basement of First St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Christian Church, Nazarene Church and the basement of The Bank of Burlington. A permanent church home was acquired when a building from southwest of Burlington was purchased and moved to 12th and Donelan. November 26, 1944, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church was dedicated to the Glory of God.
In 1948 the congregation, numbering 135, celebrated their 25th anniversary with Rev. C.E. Kleber, pastor.
By 1963 it became apparent that we had outgrown the present church so the "Voter's Assembly" decided to build a new church. The property at 7th and Senter was purchased and the ground breaking services were held in May of 1964. Trinity's new house of worship was dedicated on November 29, 1964. Rev. A.L. Schubkegel was pastor at that time.
The old parsonage at 10th and Lowell was sold and a new parsonage on 9th Street was completed in August of 1972.
Our mother church, St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Stratton, Colorado, was organized many years before Trinity. The two parishes shared a pastor for fifty-seven years until 1980 when St. Paul's ceased to have church services due to such a small congregation. Five families transferred to Trinity. When they disbanded, the bell from the tower of their church was given to Trinity and was dedicated September 19, 1982.
By 1991 the congregation felt the need for more room. A new addition was built with the help of the Laborers for Christ and the congregation members. The new addition was dedicated July 19, 1992. Lots South of Trinity have since been purchased for expanded parking. Part of the lots have been paved and the rest seeded to native grasses.
In 1998 we celebrated Trinity's 75th Anniversary with 385 baptized and 293 communicant members. May God be praised!